Wednesday

So Happy Spring is Here!



I love spring. It's my favorite time of year. I love to see the trees budding and the flowers blooming. The gloom of winter is gone and the days are bright and balmy. For some reason I associate spring with pastel colors. It must be the incredible array of flower colors during this time.
Here is a card I made recently using Circle Circus and Party Hearty. It was easy to do but a little time consuming. I used the inlaid embossing technique. I'm very happy with the way this one turned out.
1.) First I stamped circles from Circle Circus on So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist and Pink       
     Pirouette with the coresponding ink colors.
2.) Then I punched them out using my circle punches.
3.) I glued them onto Basic Black CS and ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing  
    folder.
4.) I stamped the "b is for birthday" image using the marker technique on 1 7/8 X 2 Whisper White.  
     Sponged the edges with Daffodil Delight. Then I used the corner rounder on opposite corners.
5.) I cut a slightly larger piece of Marina Mist and rounded two opposite corners of it to match the stamped  
     piece
6.) I attached the Marina Mist piece and then ran Certainly Celery 1/4" ribbon across the card and tied  
     another piece on the far side for a knot.
7.) I used Stampin' Dimensionals on the Whisper White and placed it over the Marina Mist piece.
8.) The entire piece was then attached to a Whisper White card.

Today early bird registration began for the Stampin' Up! Convention in July. I signed up this morning. I'm so excited about going to convention. I haven't been since 2008. That was my first one. It is so much fun and I learn so much about making my business better for my customers. We also learn new techniques and collect ideas from other demonstators.
I will be leaving on July 10 to participate in the events the Late Night Stampers HERE group hosts. Mike will leave home on the 15th to meet my in Salt Lake City. After Convention ends, we will drive to Yellowstone National Park and spend a few days enjoying the scenery there. After that we will go to Rapid City, South Dakota (MT Rushmore) and then home. I've always wanted to see the geyers at Yellowstone. I'm sure it will be a great trip. Our son is staying home to take care of the mutts. He starts a new job with Dell computers next month and will still be in training when we leave.

Hope you are enjoying beautiful weather. Please visit again.
Happy Spring Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment