Wednesday

I Love Experiments

I discovered this cool technique on SUDSOL by Nola Burkhard. It is so neat that I just had to try it, even if it is 2:30 a.m.! Anyway, it's very easy to do. You stamp a solid image stamp in the lightest of 3 coordinating colors, then you slide the inkpad along the stamp sideways to make the lines. You have to huff to moisten the ink before you stamp on the CS. I'm not fully awake, so this is the best I could come up with right now. I will definitely be playing with this some more.

Another thing I did tonight was mix Stampin' Pastels into Sculpey clay. I got an almost perfect Rose Red and Garden Green. At first I tried adding re-inkers to it--what a MESS! It became an ooey gooey blob that stuck to my fingers. I didn't wear gloves so I had re-inker all over my hands. It looked like I had been dying Easter Eggs all over again : ) Anyway, the Pastels work a lot better. I bought some molds of leaves and flowers and plan to use them on a card once I get them baked. I hope the colors don't change in the oven. 

Oh, on another front, I have a scrapbook class scheduled in May at Hobby Lobby. I'm so excited and I hope I get a good turn out. We're going to make a 20 page 6 X 6 album from a Simply Scrappin' set from last year. I thought about using the new set in the Summer Mini, but I'm only charging $15 for the class and that set is $21.95 so I would be going in the hole. It sure is a gorgeous set though and I'm going to order it for myself.

Until next time..... 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete