Saturday

Flower Fancy Vintage

I made this card today. My goal is to make at least 6 different cards using this set to show the versatility of Stampin' Up! stamp sets. I have 3 others that I've made. I think I like this one the best so far. I have another that is an Easter card that I made at my upline's house last month. It's very pretty too, so maybe I like it better. It's hard to decide sometimes!
I used Baja Breeze, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake CS. I stamped the image with Soft Suede and colored in the leaves and flower with matching markers. I used Perfect Pearls as accents. They don't show up well in this scan--DH scaned it on his printer because mine is out of ink. I guess he didn't get it positioned the right way to get the pearls at their best advantage.
Something sad. A pair of wrens built a nest above our front door a few weeks ago. Mike found an egg shell on the ground this morning. Then, this afternoon, he discovered 3 tiny baby birds on the ground. They were only about an inch long. Two of them died from the fall but one was still moving so he put it back in the nest. I hope it survives. When she made the nest I was worried that this would happen. The poor little things didn't stand much of a chance in that location. It's so sad when something like this happens, it makes me want to cry.
I am meeting with a fellow demo next week to get my blog set up the way I want. I made a nice banner in MDS and also the side bars, but I don't know how to put them onto Blogger. She is really good with computers, so I hope to get everything set up just the way I want in a few short hours with her. She only charges $10.00 per hour. I think that's a great price. Next time you stop by perhaps it will be up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment