Saturday

Wedding Bells are Ringing (Somewhere)

I've been making wedding cards today. Yesterday I sought advice for making a groom out of punches. The sweet gals at SUDSOL and Late Night Stampers helped me get some ideas by sending me links. Thanks girls, Anyway, here is the result. I changed him quite a bit. It's still not my ideal, but he'll have to do. I guess the perfect man doesn't exist in the paper world either!

I don't know anyone getting married, but it's June so I figured they might come in handy for the people who shop at the boutique where I'm going to sell my cards. I'm taking my first batch of stuff up there tomorrow. The cute little girl who owns the shop is only taking 20%. I think that's a good deal for a consignment store. I'm just guessing though--I've never sold anything on consignment before.

I got an email today from a woman on Meet Up who wants to come to my new stamp club--Paper Capers. There are a few others who want to come too. So this might be the real deal.  My BFF, Celia, bought some of my cards to give as a gift. She said everyone oohhed and aahhhed over them. They were also fascinated with the boxes I made for the cards! One lady wants to come buy some cards and also have a workshop. YEAH! That's what I like. I've been really busting my behind to get this business going and I'm finally seeing some fruit from my labor.

On to the cards:
The Bride & Groom: The first one is a little rough. I embossed vellum with the swirls from Priceless and then used the large scalloped circle die for the gown. Then I trimmed it to the shape you see. The groom is a combo of word label, large tag, and large star punches. The second groom has the decorative label punch for his lapels. Also, on the second card I lined the gown with Very Vanilla and used DSP from Elegant Soire. I like the second one much better.


                        


 The next two cards have wedding rings made with the large and small oval punch & gold paper (so sad the little one is retiring) : ( I used mini glue dots to hold them together after I cut one so they could be joined. When I did the embossing with the folder the back got a little bit of embossing too. I don't know how to prevent that--do you know? Will you please tell me? Oh well, I'm not perfect and I can admit it! The second ring card uses the same heat embossed paper as the wedding gowns. I put Blushing Bride behind it. It's hard to see, but I put Perfect Pearls on top of the gold brads. I think it tones down the bright gold of the brads some.


     

I hope I've inspired you to make some wedding cards. I thought about making a funny card with a knotted ribbon that said " Congratulations for Tying the Knot." Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

Have a great weekend
Alison






                    

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/6/11

    Wow! Your wedding cards are beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete