Monday

Club Projects for February 2013

I hope you are all doing well. If you're in the northeast & suffering from the massive snowfall, please know that you are in my prayers. I think how awful it is to be without power when it's so cold outside. Hopefully, the power companies will get things fixed quickly.

This winter has been so mild in Oklahoma that it really hasn't seemed like winter at all. Lately, I've noticed my daffodils are growing tall enough that soon I'm sure they'll have blooms. Of course, now that things are starting to get green again, the weatherman is forecasting a possibility of snow in the coming week. I just hope it doesn't hurt all my bulbs!

Because the weather has been so nice I created this Spring Treat Basket using the new Secret Garden stamp set & matching Framelits in the current Spring Mini catalog. Isn't this a TERRIFIC set! You can buy the Bundled set and save 15%. That's a great deal and believe me, I love a bargain as much as anyone else.
                                                                      
I used the Scallop Border Punch for the handle and then ran all of the Summer Starfruit pieces through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Embossing Folder. The pink rose was colored with a Blender Pen & the Regal Rose Ink pad. I love how you can get so many color variations using this technique. I added Dazzling Diamonds to the flowers for a little bling.

The cute " Hello" greeting is from the Pretty Petities set and was punched using the Petite Curly Label punch. You can get either one FREE for a purchase of $50.00 during Sale-a-Bration. If you buy $100.00 in product, you can get BOTH for FREE!

The Designer Series Paper is from the Print Poetry pad. This 4 1/2  X 6 1/2  pad is full of BEAUTIFUL double-sided designer paper that adds so much to your cards & other stamped creations. I love that it has 4 pages of each desgin. If you'd like instructions for this project, email me and I'll be happy to send them to you.

The card below uses another Sale-a-Bration stamp set titled Feeling Sentimental. It has a rustic look that is perfect for a masculine card. The other images included in this set are a Ferris Wheel & an old fashioned Bicycle. The images have a lot of detail and are so versatile depending on the colors & layout you use for your projects. In club, we embossed the Phone Booth image with Early Expresso embossing powder & the Heat Tool.

The greeting was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink on Very Vanilla. I used the second to smallest Labels Collection Framelit for the pieces above & below the Very Vanilla. I cut it from the Crumb Cake layer on the card. Punching accent pieces from the center of layers that will be covered with other cardstock is an economical use of your cardstock.

For the ribbon accent, I tied a knot in the center of the ribbon and then threaded the ends through a hole made with the Crop-a-Dile. While the Basic Pearls on either side of the knot aren't "masculine" I don't think it will offend the guys.

The Cherry Cobbler layer is dry embossed using the Argyle Embossing folder. It adds an extra WOW to any project if you use embossing & sponging techniques.

The Designer Series Paper to the right of the Phone Booth is from the Regals Designer Series paper package. This 12 X 12 pad includes 4 sheets of each color. There are 4 different designs (each sheet is double sided). The quality of Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper is outstanding. The paper is thicker/heavier than most brands so it is perfect for all your papercrafting needs. It won't buckle when you use it for 3D projects, but it is easy to manipulate for various techniques that require that property. If you'd like the instructions for this project email me & I'll be happy to send them to you.

      

Here is another card using the Feeling Sentimental set. It changes the entire look of the stamp by using Bright colors. I think it would be a fun card for a teen or child.

I hope everyone is safe & warm. I will post more projects & cards as I get them made. Until next time--Keep Stampin'!



No comments:

Post a Comment